Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Finally, CrossPlatform Bitch

You know its hard to find apps that are Cross Platform that float from the Linux to Windows world.  I finally found four awesome applications that are crossplatform.  1.) Vmware server, 2.) Truecrypt, 3.) KeepassX, and 4.) Gaim

Of course everyone knows about Gaim, but you might know about the rest.

Vmware Server is my saviour it is like Vmware workstation (costs money) but Vmware Server allows you to create virutal machines like a Windows machine so that you can do tests and troubleshoot problems with no problem.  Awesome app if you want to all linux but need to support Windows.  Anyway you can create all kinds of Virtaul machines and use Virtual networking to test.

Truecrpyt creates large files that are encrypted with AES and can have multiple files in them in order to keep several encrypted.  Great app.

KeepassX is an awesome app as well even though I am a devoted Defygo user and fan Keepass allows me to have migration from Windows password vault and Linux password vault. So I have all my password between my Windows machine and my linux machine its awesome.

Gaim everyone knows about but its just a program I have open right now.  I love it.

Anyway with Alien (a rpm, deb, tar, converter to rpm, deb, tar) I can take rpms and convert them .deb and easily install these apps on my Ubuntu machine.  An awesome experience to get it up and running.

No comments: