Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 - Switching it up

2007 is all about the changes.  I will be going through many personal changes pretty soon ( read the personal blog) but in my techie life not so much.  The most recent change is Linux Mint, I know what you are saying wtf mate last time I was on here I was on Fedora Core 6 and before that Ubuntu.  Ubuntu is my first love however, because of kernel restraints I needed bleeding edge, FC6 came in.  Now I want Ubuntu but I want a little extra without all the work of automatix and stuff.  So I just moved to a Ubuntu variant called Linux Mint hmm Minty.  Its Ubuntu but they don't care about the legal issues so I get all the good codecs and video codecs installed already.  I have had problems however, with the wifi card not work in Linux Mint, in regular Ubuntu no problem.  It took a little bit but I found the documentation and got it to work.  Another change for me is working with Gentoo linux, I am trying to install this in a VM right now but have good things about it as far as stability and good portage being a good updater.  I might be switching over to gentoo as a server plaform.  I am also trying PCBSD in a VM.

I will be continuing on with trying new OS s that is still the same but what isn't is having a Windows Partition no more dual boot.

No comments: