Monday, November 20, 2006

Prepare for the Unexpected

The corporate world is not the most secure place ever. For this example I will use some things my friends told me this weekend. Number one there company holds and passes data in cleartext like passwords and other valuable data about a user. Number two, companies seem to think that they can open up ports to the entire world and get a way with it, however, "a rootkit and two Trojans later" (a quote by ffbe65743b28c076c49cd08b4d8c2479) they quickly find out that your system will get hosed and you are going to get owned. Some of these problems occur when people do not have a clue of how to handle them. My friends know how to handle them, however, there is the red tape and corporate big wig bureaucracy that does not allow them to do this. b55973de599d90b8fe09cf7199b9c490 said, you have to chip away slowly to gain trust enough to be able to do the things necessary to secure the information. I am not looking forward to the corporate world if this bs is everywhere. I mean come on there are so many laws that are being broken by companies everyday and most involve IT and cleartext information being sent over the Internet. This is why I am scared of the work world, I do not want to try and clean up the mess and get my hand slapped. I love security and this to me is not kosher.

No comments: