Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cygwin

Cygwin is my next test on my Testwinsp2 Vm box.  I am interested in exactly what this software does as it looks very promising.  Here is an excerpt from the website about Cygwin:

" Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows. It consists of two parts:
  • A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which acts as a Linux API emulation layer providing substantial Linux API functionality.
  • A collection of tools which provide Linux look and feel.
  • "
    Hopefully, over the next few weeks I will be able to go over what it does and what is like.

    Right now as we speak I am downloading the entire packages that is contained within Cygwin.  Several packages are pretty cool like apache, lightpd, clamav, and thousands more.  This will be a very interesting endeavor indeed.

    No comments: