Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tech updates

Currently I am employed as a IT Analyst on a Network Team of four people. The company I work for is huge so the network being run by four people is hard to imagine. Our work is primarily project based with a few break/fixes and changes that have to be made every now and then. For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to implment Wake on Lan across VLANS. Intervlan routing of a broadcast can be difficult. At the company I work as well we use exclusivley all CISCO equipment. Right now for instance in the lab we have 2 6500 series catalysts the big boys. I have gotten Wake on LaN to work in the Layer 2 side of things (in the same vlan) however not the inter VLAN (layer 3). Tonight I was in the lab from 9:30 till about 12:30. It brings me back to College and staying in the lab to get an assignment done except now this isn't for a grade.

No comments: