Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Update of First Impressions of Virtual PC 2007

Ok I can eat my my words Microsoft Virutal PC 2007 does support iso images, however, this option is available once you are inside the machine not in Settings... when setting up the beginning of the machine. RTFM to myself for not looking into it a little bit more.

>My first impression of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, what the hell!? Seriously if you are into virtualization stick to VMware for the love of pete Microsoft can not make a product that does >virtualization as good or with the features that VMware has. I downloaded, installed it and was going to load DSL from iso, but wait Virtual PC won't load directly from iso you have to >manually virtually mount it. VMware mounts isos for you to install an OS faster and without doing any special work. This is only my first initial look at it, because today I actually loaded >Vista on my work machine so that I could support the damn thing for students who bought new computers with Vista installed. We get all kinds of questions all the time about Vista and >the only way to truly support an OS is to use it. I will be loading back my Ubuntu 7.04 for work in dual boot because if I don't I will go crazy.

>Anyway Microsoft virtual PC 2007, is not very good or my first impressions are quite low and hopefully as I experiment again with Windows software it will get better.

No comments: